For Orthodox Christian betrothal and crowning services, several items are used liturgically:
- Decorated candles for both sides of the table to be used
- Rings for both the bride and groom, for the betrothal;
- Crowns – the crowns may be either Greek-style flower or pearl wreaths linked by a long, white ribbon (called stefana), or Russian-style jeweled metal crowns. Flower wreaths may be ordered from the florist with the other flowers (bouquets, corsages, reception-table centerpieces) or from a specialty supplier, and may be live or silk. If you are using metal crowns, make sure your parish has a set, and that they are in good condition;
- A common cup—you can choose to provide such a cup or use the one we have at the church.
- A bottle of sacramental wine